Thursday, August 8, 2013

#yestoGod.

Our tiny son was born 3 months early on the last day of January this year. He came without warning,and our lives were turned upside down as we wrapped our mind around the kind of care he would need before he would be able to come home. We wondered many times that first week whether he would come home at all. But then, God gave us this incredible peace about our little boy. Those three months in the hospital were very tough, but he's home now and doing really well. We have lots and lots of doctor visits for follow-ups, but no major health issues . . . that is until yesterday. We learned that he is mostly likely severely to profoundly hearing impaired. For six months, he most likely hasn't heard anything we've said. The fact that he's stuck inside a little body with no hearing just breaks my heart. As I think about what we need to do, all the changes that we'll face, and the decisions, I feel overwhelmed. As I think about what he will face throughout his life . . . who he'll marry, his children, his job, I am mortified. I've spent so much time crying about this over the last day and a half.

Yesterday, right after the diagnosis, I felt God whisper to my heart, "I will use this for My glory." That brought peace, but fear keeps inching back in. I tell myself that we're so blessed to even have him here, that this is just a minor set-back, but the fear suffocates. I meditate on 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of courage, love and a sound mind."

Then yesterday, as I was doing dishes, thinking about my little one, God spoke to me again. He said, "I want you to thank Me for this." Immediately, my gut lurched and tears poured down my face. Thank Him for this? A very difficult life for my son? But I knew I had to. It would be my "sacrifice of praise." There were other times God asked me to make a sacrifice of praise, times during my son's hospital stay. Each time, I did. Not knowing what the outcome would be. Now, here I am again. The outcome is unclear, and I may not personally ever know how difficult this way of life is for my son, but I did it. With my 2 year old daughter on my lap, I knelt, laid hands on my tiny son, and said, with tears streaming down my face, "Lord, I thank you for my son's deafness. I trust that You will use if for Your glory."

PalmsUp, I wait to see how God will provide for my baby boy. I know He will. He blesses us every time we say YES to God.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Misty! I loved your post. Thank you for sharing. I have really good friends that are hearing impaired and their son is not...while their daughter has only 20 percent hearing in one ear. I believe nothing is impossible with God...and that He will use everything for His glory. Please check out the Baby Signing Time. It is wonderful and I used it with both of my babies.
http://www.BabySigningTime.com

Donna said...

Misty, thank you for being obedient and posting your utmost heart - the love of a mommy! ♥ ♥ ♥ God knows. We trust him, and we come with you to the Throne, asking for him to do a work in your lives. God is a BIG God, who knows all; Let him guide you in prayer, and understanding! He's got you covered sweet momma! Wait for Him to show you what He is doing! ♥♥♥

Angela Diemer said...

Mitsy,
I am so sorry that you have to go through what you have. It is so hard to fully explain that situation to someone who thankfully never experienced. My youngest was born 2 years ago at 28 weeks. An experience like none other. Just keep reciting those things that God has spoke to you. Same them out loud. Claims that victory. He has already used it for his glory. You shared this testimony with us and it will change lives. I am praying for the healing in your son and the plans he has for him. Plans to prosper him and not harm him.

With great blessings upon you and your family.

Marcy said...

Tears!! What a beautiful story and a wonderful show of your faith. Anything is possible with HIM! Although your family will face many challenges, it's a comfort to know that God will always be there to meet you through all of them. Thanks for sharing your beautiful son and his story!